Growing up, we often heard Grandpa talk about the “good ol’ days,” when he and his brothers ran around barefoot in the pig pen, or Grandma reminiscing on spending time with her mom in the kitchen cooking all day for a big family meal on Sundays. Now, we hear people reminisce about the “good ol’ days” as a sort of longing. Instead of enjoying the moment and being appreciative of what we have, we often get wrapped up in the future and what is in it for ourselves. As we begin a new year of positivity, we are able to choose a new path for 2017 – let’s begin with kindness. Below are 10 random acts of kindness that are easy, simple, and free.
- Hold a door open for someone
- Thank the cashier in the checkout line
- Write a letter to an old friend
- Shovel your neighbor’s sidewalk
- Give your coworker a compliment
- Write a thank you to your mail person
- Spend the afternoon visiting a nursing home
- While on your daily walk, pick up the trash along the road
- Leave random notes with inspirational quotes around the office
- Smile – it’s contagious!
We encourage you to make a stranger smile today. You never know what someone else is going through when you meet them on the street, so choose to make today one of the “good ol’ days” for someone else.