To make a healthy tea bursting with enjoyment, use this recipe of spices, which you can blend together and keep at hand, to add to your cup of tea at any time of day. You only need a pinch of it and your tea will be instantly transformed.
- 2 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp. Ground Allspice
- 1 tsp. Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp. White Pepper
- Black Tea or Black Tea Bags*
- Almond Milk or Low Fat Milk
- Combine all dry ingredients together until well blended.
- Heat half a mug of water together with half a mug of almond milk (or low fat milk).
- Add a 1/2 teaspoon, or even less, of chai masala along with a teaspoon black tea - or a black teabag.
- Strain the tea and add a touch of honey or Truvia natural sweetener. The spices will warm the throat and the almond milk gives the tea that extra flavor.
- Steep the tea for a few moments, garnish with a stick of cinnamon and enjoy.
* Substitute green tea to enjoy the additive benefits of increasing the body's fat burning and metaboloic rates.